Our Service Commitment To You
Who are we?
South Coastal Women’s Health Services is a not for profit community based organisation that provides services run by women for women. The organisation was founded in 1991 and is managed by a voluntary group of women who are on a Board of Management elected at an Annual General Meeting. The Board employs the staff to provide the services offered at the centre.
How are we funded?
The organisation receives government funding to provide services and also raises its own money through fees, fundraising and memberships. All proceeds go back into providing the services offered here. As we have charitable status with the Australian Tax Office any donations are tax deductible.
Why are we different?
South Coastal Women’s Health Services offers a woman friendly, safe environment for your health and wellbeing needs.
Crèche – the service offers high quality crèche facilities run by qualified and mature staff. If you are attending appointments or groups the crèche can be made booked for a low fee
Membership – for a small annual fee you can become a member of the service and you will receive the following benefits:
- Quarterly newsletters
- Access to our comprehensive library
- Reduced fees for some services
- Voting rights at the Annual General Meeting
- VIP Invitations to all our events and activities
- Be contributing to improving services for women
- Tea/coffee facilities are available and we encourage you to help yourself
- Diversity of services – we provide for your physical and emotional health needs and cater
- Services are provided by fully trained and experienced staff who support the philosophy of women centred care
Thanks to our following Supporters